CCF Online Catalog
This automated catalog was built to provide the public with the ability to search
the collection of resources developed by the Center for Cultural Fluency.
You can search the collection by many characteristics and categories, and even print
out your searches or details on specific resources.
Searching the Catalog
You can search the catalog using many characteristics and categories. The following
are available to search:
- Keyword : Using keywords, search in multiple areas, including Title,
Subject, Authors, Illustrators, Publishers, and Annotations. Example
: "baseball", or "prejudice or discrimination"
- Author : Search for a specific author by first and/or last name.
Example : "King", or "Martin Luther King"
- Title : Search for a resource by words in the title. Example
: "Dream", or "California Dream"
- Subject : Search for a resource by a subject. Example
: "Japan" or "interracial marriage"
- Publication Year : Search for resources published within a range
of years, or a certain year. You don't have to specify both ends if you only want
one year. Example : "1940", or "1940 - 1960"
- Publisher : Search for resources by a certain publisher.
Example : "Scholastic" or "Blue Sky Press"
- ISBN : Enter all or part of an ISBN number to search for resources
with that ISBN number. Example : "0-689-31596-1" or "590"
- LC-Class : Enter all or part of a Library of Congress classification
number to search for resources with that LC class. Example : "##PZ
7 .P825 Ae 1993" or ".P825"
- Culture : Select a culture to see all resources in that culture.
Example : "African-American"
- Language : Select a language to see all resources in that language.
Example : "English"
- Genre : Select a genre to see all resources in that genre.
Example : "myths&folktales"
- Grade Level : Select a grade level to see all resources in that grade
level. Example : "elementary"
- Media : Select a media type to see all resources of that media type.
Example : "book" or "picture"
All free text fields support Boolean searches. This means you can search using multiple
terms and specify how they should be searched. For example, to search for any resources
with "prejudice" or "discrimination" as a keyword, you can enter "prejudice or discrimination".
If you want both terms, you can enter either "prejudice and discrimination", or
just "prejudice discrimination".
Also, any search terms with spaces in them should be
quoted, for example to find resources with the keyword "growing up"; you can search using the
keyword "'growing up'" (surrounded
in either single or double quotes).
Results from a Search
On the results page, you are shown all resources that match your search. If you
get more than 5 resources in your search, the results page will show you page links
that allow you to view the other pages of results. These page links are present
at the top and bottom of the results page. The list of resources found by your search
has the title, author, library of congress number, grade level, subjects and annotation for
the resource. If you want more details, click on the title of the resource you want
You can also print a list of all the resources in the search by clicking on the
print icon in the upper left corner. This will show you an easily printable summary
of all your results.
Details of a Resource
On the details page, you can see all the information available for the resource.
You can also get a printable version of this page by clicking on the print icon.
The information available includes:
- Title : Title of the resource
- Main Author : Main author of the resource
- Additional Authors : Any additional authors of the resource
- Illustrators : Illustrators of the resource
- Publication Date : The publication date of the resource
- Publisher : The publisher of the resource
- ISBN : The ISBN number of the resource
- Availability : Whom the resource is available from
- Subjects : A list of subjects for the resource
- Annotation : An annotation of the resource
- Culture : Cultures this resource is categorized under
- Language : Languages this resource is categorized under
- Genre : Genres this resource is categorized under
- Grade Level : Grade level this resource is suitable for
- Media : Type of media the resource is available in
- Dewey : Dewey decimal number of the resource, if applicable
- LC Class : Library of Congress classification number, if applicable
- Price : Price of the resource
Copies : Number of copies of the resource available
- Length : Length of the resource
Components : A list of components that are apart of the resource