Contact: Yvonne Evans
The Simulation Nurse Coordinator oversees the nursing simulation program at one of the simulation labs at MSMC. Each Simulation Nurse Coordinator works collaboratively together, and with the Simulation Operations Managers and Skills Lab Coordinators to develop and implement best practice teaching and learning strategies for the nursing simulation programs. The Simulation Nurse Coordinator coordinates the development and evaluation of the simulation curriculum that supports full integration of theory and clinical learning. The Simulation Nurse Coordinator partners with other MSMC health programs to nurture and develop inter-professional learning experiences for students, faculty and staff.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Education and Experience:
Minimum qualifications for education and experience:
Master’s degree in nursing, education, instructional technology or informatics or related field and two years applied high fidelity simulation or educational technology experience, or equivalent experience demonstrating the ability to develop, implement, and adapt educational methods and technologies for high fidelity simulation. Licensure as a registered nurse in California. Three years experience as a clinical nurse.
Preferred qualifications for education and experience:
Master’s degree in nursing, One to three years experience developing and delivering high fidelity simulation in health care education. Undergraduate teaching experience in pre-licensure nursing program(s).
-Knowledge of educational technologies and software;
-Ability to develop, design, write and plan complex high fidelity simulation scenarios that relate to course learning objectives across curricula;
-Working knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint
-Program evaluation expertise
Abilities and Skills:
-Must be organized, communicate well verbally, and problem-solve efficiently.
-Hold a positive regard for student learning.
-Must be able to take initiative and work independently;
-Give clear and concise instructions;
-Must be a collaborator and team player.
Licenses and Certifications:
-Preference will be given to candidates holding current and valid certifications in Basic Life Support and/or Advanced Life Support.
-Preference will be given to candidates with certification in simulation education, e.g. Certified Healthcare Simulation Educator via Society of Simulation in Healthcare.
-Strong interpersonal and communication skills
-Team Builder and collaborator
1. Oversees the functions of simulation teaching and learning such as conducting simulation scenarios.
2. Oversees faculty/staff/student roles in simulation teaching and learning.
3. Collaborates with the Simulation Operations Managers and Skills Lab Coordinators to develop, implement and evaluate best practice teaching and learning strategies for the simulation program.
4. Collaborates with theory and clinical faculty, fellow Simulation Nurse Coordinator, Skills Lab Coordinators, Program Directors, course and level coordinators, and the Nursing Curriculum Committees and Evaluation Committees to ensure curriculum integrity across each cohort and all programs of study.
5. Collaborates with theory and clinical faculty and fellow Simulation Nurse Coordinator and Skills Lab Coordinators to develop nursing course syllabi, high fidelity experiential learning activities, and high fidelity simulation clinical performance evaluation methods that support theory and program outcomes.
6. Collaborates with the nursing faculty, fellow Simulation Nurse Coordinator, Skills Lab Coordinators, and Simulation Operations Managers to evaluate the effectiveness of high fidelity simulation learning experiences in meeting student needs and course outcomes and full integration of theory and clinical learning.
7. Communicates high fidelity simulation nurse expectations with faculty, clinical faculty and staff.
8. Maintains best practice models of high fidelity simulation and learning.
9. Promotes and maintains high fidelity simulation teaching and learning philosophies within the department and College.
10. Performs in health care team roles at all levels of simulation across the nursing curricula.
11. In collaboration with faculty and staff, debriefs scenarios using best practice methods.
12. Provides input into course syllabi, lab manuals, and other course related materials according to established deadlines.
13. Works with Simulation Operations Managers and Skills Lab Coordinators to develop and implement plans for faculty/staff/student training and development of programs in the high fidelity simulation laboratory.
14. Works with the Simulation Operations Managers and the Skills Lab Coordinators to seek external faculty and staff development opportunities.
15. Serves on all simulation related committees. 16. Collaborates with simulation team and faculty to develop, maintain, communicate and refine simulation program policies and procedures.
16. Writes grants to promote high fidelity simulation program growth and development and collaborates with peers in Department of Institutional Advancement to identify and secure grants and donations from alumni and MSMC friends.
17. Collaborates with Nursing department team members to disseminate simulation program successes via conference and poster presentations and papers.
18. Participates in recruitment events
19. Participates in local and regional simulation meetings.
To apply please submit letter of interest, curriculum vitae, salary history, and 3 – 5 references to firstname.lastname@example.org
Mount St. Mary's College is an equal opportunity employer. The College is thoroughly committed both to providing equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees, and to providing a work environment that is free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Applicants must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States. The College will not assist applicants with any visa matter. A background check will be required.