Graduate Admission
Mount Saint Mary's College
Home » Admission » Graduate Admission » Graduate Admission FAQ

Graduate Admission FAQ

General Admissions Information

What programs are offered at the graduate level?

Masters degrees are offered in business, education/teacher credentialing, humanities, nursing, psychology and religious studies. A doctoral degree is offered in physical therapy.

How many times a year do you admit students? What are the deadlines?

All programs except for physical therapy (DPT) admit students for Fall, Spring, and Summer semesters. *DPT admits students only in the Fall*. Deadlines are as follows:

  • Fall - June 30
  • Spring - October 30
  • Summer - March 30

*DPT: Early Decision Deadline for Fall: August 15; Deadline for Fall: Dec 1

Does Mount St. Mary’s Graduate Division offer any courses online?

At this time, Mount St. Mary’s College does not offer online courses. Some programs offer a limited number of hybrid courses (half-time in class; half-time online), but there are no courses that are fully online.

Who can I speak to if I have questions about my program?

Admissions Counselors are available for in-person appointments or via phone or email. Please call 213-477-2800 or email

Can I schedule a visit to the campus?

Appointments can be scheduled online or by calling 213-477-2800.

Do you have information sessions?

RSVP for an information session (by program) online or by calling 213-477-2800.

How long does it take to complete a degree at The Mount?

The length of each program varies, but most programs can be completed within 1.5-3 years if students are attending full-time.

Who do I contact for student services?
  • Financial Aid: 213-477-2562
  • Registrar: 213-477-2520
  • Business Office: 213-477-2540
  • IT Help Desk: 213-477-2970
Is Mount St. Mary’s College accredited?

Mount St. Mary’s College holds regional accreditation from the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC), as well as accreditation from CCNE (nursing) and CAPTE (physical therapy). Our teacher credential program is approved by the CCTC and the Marriage and Family Therapy (MFT) program is approved by the CA Board of Behavioral Sciences.


Application Process

Where do I begin?

All applications can be submitted through our website by clicking “Apply Online.” After submitting your application, please make sure that you receive a confirmation email.

You can also download a paper copy of the application.

What else do I need to submit to complete my application?

Each program has specific application requirements ? please visit the program webpage to which you are applying to learn about additional requirements.

Please have all supporting documents sent to:

Mount St. Mary’s College
Graduate Admissions
10 Chester Place
Los Angeles, CA 90007

What is the application fee?

The application fee is $50, payable by check or money order to Mount St. Mary’s College.

How many letters of recommendation do I need?

Applicants are required to submit 2 letters of recommendation. However, we strongly encourage asking 3 individuals to submit recommendations on your behalf.

Who should I ask to write my letters of recommendation?

Professional and academic references are acceptable, as are letters from mentors or clergy. Letters from family members or friends are not acceptable.

How do I submit transcripts?

Applicants must have transcripts mailed directly from any colleges or universities attended, even if transfer credits appear on the graduating institution’s records.

What if I only took one class at another institution?

We still need a transcript to be requested from that institution and sent directly to graduate admissions.

What do you mean by “official transcripts?”

Under the graduate division policy, transcripts are only considered official if they are received directly from the college or university attended. This means that even sealed copies obtained by the student will still be considered unofficial.

What test scores do I need to submit for my application?

Each program has different testing requirements; please check with the specific program to which you are applying.

Are there any additional requirements for international students?

Any baccalaureate degrees completed outside of the United States must be evaluated by a foreign credential agency. A detailed, translated report must be sent directly from the agency to graduate admissions. International students must also submit a TOEFL score if their university courses were not taught in English. Please contact graduate admissions at 213-477-2800 if you have any questions.

How will I know if my file is complete?

You can check the status of your application online after you have applied. You can also reach the graduate admissions office at 213-477-2800 to inquire about completing your file. It is the applicant's responsibility to ensure that their file is complete and that all documents have been submitted in a timely manner.

May I defer my application or acceptance?

Applications and acceptances may be deferred for up to one year. If you would like to defer, please send an email to indicating to what program you have applied and to what semester you would like to defer.

Is it possible to take a course at The Mount without enrolling and being accepted into a program?

Some programs will allow students to take a limited number of classes under non-matriculating status. Please check with the program director for permission and file an application.

How many units are required to be a full-time student?

A student must be registered for at least 6 units per semester to be considered full-time. However, students may take fewer units depending on their program.


Cost of Attendance and Financial Aid

How much does it cost to attend Mount St. Mary’s College?

Please check the Office of Student Financing for the most up-to-date information on tuition, parking, and student fees.

What scholarships are available and how do I apply?