- Completion of a baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited college or university.
- Undergraduate coursework in Psychology or Sociology is preferred. Only completion of an introductory psychology class is required for application to the Master’s Program.
- A cumulative grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale for undergraduate work. (For grade point average lower than 3.0, petition to the Graduate Dean for special consideration is required.)
- Complete application and $50 fee.
- Application essay or personal statement.
- Two letters of recommendation.
- One copy of an official transcript must be mailed directly to MSMC from ALL Colleges/Universities attended.
- Students who are under consideration will be asked to attend a personal interview with graduate faculty prior to acceptance.
- One to two years of experience in a mental health or social service field is preferred. (This may include either employment or volunteer services.)
For further assistance, please contact Graduate Admissions at (213) 477-2800.