Thank you for your interest in the Master of Science in Counseling Psychology Program at Mount St. Mary’s College. Currently three specializations are offered within the program. To learn more about the program specializations please click here. The procedure to apply for all specializations is the same. Please refer to the checklist below for specific requirements.
Please Note: The Master of Science in Counseling Psychology Program does NOT require the GRE.
- Application (paper or electronic) and $50.00 application fee.
- One official transcript of all previous college work, both undergraduate and graduate, sent directly from each institution to The Graduate Division, Mount St. Mary's College, 10 Chester Place, Los Angeles, CA 90007-2598.
- Two letters of recommendation from persons who have had ample opportunity to judge the applicant's academic ability, achievement and professional potential. Download Recommendation Form.
- An admission interview with graduate faculty.
Applicants from countries other than the United States:
- Must submit results of the TOEFL test (for applicants whose first language is other than English). A minimum score of 550 is required.
- Must have their transcripts sent to a credential evaluation service for equivalency evaluation.
- Must submit a notarized statement guaranteeing financial support during the period of study at Mount St. Mary's College, Los Angeles. Please contact the Graduate Admission Office for an International Student Data (ISD) Form.
Application procedures must be completed before the first semester of enrollment. Please send all the above requirements to:
The Graduate Division
Mount St. Mary's College
10 Chester Place
Los Angeles, CA 90007-2598
Spring Session October 30, 2012
Summer Session March 30, 2013
Fall Session June 30, 2013
Download Application Procedures
Download a paper application or