Location: Doheny Campus - Downtown LA
To ensure that the Nursing Laboratory has required equipment, supplies, and contracts to meet faculty and student needs for objectives and content for courses that use the Nursing Laboratory. Coordinate a Laboratory schedule for the Nursing Department, and teach/remediate students as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Projects, orders, and maintains equipment and supplies from vendors that are needed.
2. Maintains orderly workspace and supply storage areas.
3. Coordinates and maintains a schedule of Nursing Laboratory courses.
4. Assists faculty to ensure a safe Laboratory environment.
5. Provides education and remediation to students when requested.
6. Serves as a resource for faculty to facilitate the Nursing Laboratory use for a specialty.
7. Informs Directors of special Laboratory needs and/or requests.
8. Processes packing slips and invoices for payment on a timely basis.
9. Participates in the Simulation Laboratory development, implementation and delivery of the Simulation
Qualifications and Requirements:
Must have comprehensive knowledge of nursing skills needed for various courses; be able to
demonstrate proper technique and understand purpose and safety of each skill.
Be knowledgeable about evidenced-base practice, equipment, and supplies to be utilized in the Nursing
Laboratory for student learning that mirror common professional practice. Working knowledge of Word,
Excel and PowerPoint. Must be organized, be able to communicate well verbally, and problem-solve
efficiently. Hold a positive regard for student learning.
Baccalaureate degree required; BSN preferred.
Five years’ experience working as a full-time medical/surgical nurse.
Hold a current, active license in California as a Registered Nurse.
Work Location: Doheny Campus (Downtown LA)
Start Date: Immediately
Applications Deadline: Open until filled
Contact Information: Email cover letter, salary history and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mount St. Mary's College is an equal opportunity employer. The College is thoroughly committed both to providing equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees, and to providing a work environment that is free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Applicants must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States. The College will not assist applicants with any visa matter.