Location: Chalon Campus (WLA)
Mount St. Mary’s College has been awarded a five year Department of Education Title III STEM Grant strengthening STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) curricula and support for students in STEM majors. To support the SQL based portal in conjunction with ISS and to enhance communication and collaboration for the College community at large and specialized STEM data tracking and reporting utilizing the MyMSMC Portal.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Develop and implement a comprehensive database, cohort tracking, and repertoire of reports.
2. Establish an appropriate baseline measures and continually monitor progress towards grant objectives.
3. Maintain data from various sources, including Datatel, Access, SPSS, surveys, etc.
4. Set up a system for STEM students from both MSMC and ECC staff in the iStrategy database program.
5. Report on progress of the project to all stakeholders.
6. Conduct constant monitoring and tracking of each STEM major and prospective major on an individual basis.
7. Oversee the development of STEM student tracking reports for individual STEM majors.
8. Oversee STEM student tracking reports to insure access to data for STEM advisors and mentors.
9. Track students in each pilot group to provide the foundation for supporting STEM students at critical transitions.
Qualifications and Requirements:
Strong understanding of relational database structures, principles and practices. Knowledge and understanding of federal and state laws pertaining to student records, student information management, right to privacy and confidentiality per FERPA. Microsoft SQL Server. One of more of the following (Banner, People Soft or preferable Datatel) especially academic/student modules.
Excellent mathematical and analytical skills to compile data and prepare accurate, concise and complex reports. Demonstrated skill in use of word processing, spreadsheet, database, email, and web software. Intermediate or advanced skill in MS Excel, MS Word, MS Access, Outlook, and Internet Explorer. Exceptional analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities. Prioritize and execute task in a high pressure environment. Strong written and oral communication skills. Strong presentational and interpersonal skills.
Bachelor’s Degree preferable in a quantitative field: computer science, math, business, finance or any combination of training and experience that would likely provide the desired knowledge and abilities.
Minimum of 4 years direct work experience. Professional experience in a higher education setting preferred.
Work Location: Chalon Campus (WLA)
Start Date: Immediately
Applications Deadline: Open until filled
Contact Information: Email cover letter, salary history and resume to: email@example.com
Mount St. Mary's College is an equal opportunity employer. The College is thoroughly committed both to providing equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees, and to providing a work environment that is free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Applicants must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States. The College will not assist applicants with any visa matter.