Location: Chalon Campus (WLA)
Provides comprehensive administrative support for the Academic Advisement Center; acting as the first customer service contact for all visitors.
1. Provide clerical support to advisement staff (i.e. schedule meetings, appointments, ordering supplies, etc.).
2. Answers and screens calls; addresses concerns and resolves problems; composes, edits and prepares
3. Help students both in person and by phone with inquiries regarding policies and procedures, classes
and other MSMC related questions.
4. Front desk person who acts as first customer service contact for visitors to the Center.
5. Help maintain student data in Colleague, the student database system (i.e., entering of placement exam
scores, academic program changes, transcript information).
6. Assist with the document imaging process by scanning, linking and routing of documents.
7. Processing of student forms.
8. Assist with the website maintenance by regularly updating with event dates and deadlines.
9. Supervise, direct, and train student employees; coordinating appropriate projects (i.e., copies of materials for
events, bulletin boards).
10. Coordinate logistics and student employees on department events.
11. Coordinates with the Administrative Assistant at the other campus Advisement Center to ensure consistency.
Qualifications and Requirements:
Proficiency of MS Office programs and familiarity with an integrated student database required. Knowledge of document imaging systems preferred.
Ability to perform office and clerical work with speed and accuracy. Effectively prioritize and organize multiple tasks to meet established deadlines; displaying excellent time management skills. Need to work well with a diverse population. Must have strong interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to maintain confidentiality. Judgment regarding when issues require management’s attention.
High School diploma; Associate or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Experience in an academic setting, higher education and Registrar’s or Academic Advisement experience preferred. Experience with an integrated student database highly desired.
Work Location: Chalon Campus (WLA)
Start Date: Immediately
Applications Deadline: Open until filled
Contact Information: Email cover letter, salary history and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mount St. Mary's College is an equal opportunity employer. The College is thoroughly committed both to providing equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees, and to providing a work environment that is free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Applicants must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States. The College will not assist applicants with any visa matter. A background check will be required.
The College is currently transitioning recruiting mechanisms. All positions posted online are open for applying.