Location: Chalon Campus (WLA) and Doheny Campus (Downtown LA)
The role of the Partnership Project Manager is to facilitate effective communication and cooperation within and between Mount St. Mary's College (MSMC) and MyCollege Foundation (MCF) and to help plan, execute, and finalize projects according to strict deadlines and within budget. This includes coordinating personnel from both organizations and coordinating the efforts of team members in order to deliver projects according to plan. The Project Manager will serve as the conduit of information, foster and promote a spirit of teamwork and interdependence, and troubleshoot and resolve challenges as they arise. The expected duration of the Partnership between Mount St. Mary’s College and the MyCollege Foundation is 3-5 years, with potential for extension(s).
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Facilitate communication within and between MSMC and MCF.
2. Serve as the conduit of information between organizations.
3. Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear
4. Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project team.
5. Liaise with project stakeholders on an ongoing basis.
6. Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and other stakeholders. Where
required, negotiate with other department managers for the utilization of required personnel from within
MSMC, MCF, or both.
7. Troubleshoot and resolve conflict when necessary.
8. Build, develop, and grow relationships between organizations.
9. Direct and manage project development from beginning to end.
10. Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support partnership goals in collaboration with senior
management and stakeholders.
11. Develop full-scale project plans and associated communications documents.
12. Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools.
13. Identify and manage project dependencies and critical paths.
14. Estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals.
15. Track project milestones and deliverables.
16. Determine the frequency and content of status reports from the project team, analyze results, and troubleshoot
17. Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans.
18. Define project success criteria and disseminate them to involved parties throughout project life cycle.
19. Determine and assess need for additional staff and/or external resources and make the appropriate
recommendations if necessary.
20. Request assistance for various tasks and responsibilities from appropriate personnel.
21. Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team members and influence them to take positive action and
accountability for their assigned work.
Qualifications and Requirements:
An understanding of the MSMC - MCF partnership vision, mission, and values, and of higher education in general. Knowledge of computer systems and software, including database and project management systems.
Demonstrated ability to establish relationships and collaborate collegially and effectively with diverse staff, faculty, administrators and the community. Demonstrated ability to organize and manage work, manage relationships and meet deadlines. Strong problem-solving skills. Demonstrated tact and diplomacy skills. Ability to think creatively and strategically. Strong written and oral communications skills, including presentations. Excellent hands-on computer capabilities with current word processing, project management and database management software.
Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s preferred. Education, Business or related field preferred.
Five years of experience in higher education preferred. Experience with project management, enrollment management, student services, or academic administration, in a leadership role preferred. Experience in academic affairs, including faculty teaching assignments, is highly preferred.
Work Location: Chalon Campus (WLA) and Doheny Campus (Downtown LA)
Start Date: Immediately
Applications Deadline: Open until filled
Contact Information: Email cover letter, salary history and resume to: PartnerShip@msmc.la.edu
Mount St. Mary's College is an equal opportunity employer. The College is thoroughly committed both to providing equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees, and to providing a work environment that is free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Applicants must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States. The College will not assist applicants with any visa matter. A background check will be required.
The College is currently transitioning recruiting mechanisms. All positions posted online are open for applying.