Location: Doheny Campus (Downtown LA)
The Degree Audit Coordinator is responsible for set up and maintenance of undergraduate and graduate program requirements in the degree audit program. This requires active interaction with academic departments chairs, other service departments, program director’s and students, and other duties as assigned.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Maintain security and integrity of academic records.
2. Maintain academic program requirements in Colleague’s Degree Audit that have been approved and published
in the College catalog for the processing of undergraduate and graduate degree audits and certificates.
3. Enter exceptions or course substitutions to reflect accurate student progress in a degree requirement or waive
a requirement in a student’s academic program in Colleague.
4. Set up new academic programs and program requirements in Colleague.
5. Look up CIP codes for new courses or programs, change the catalog year, update Colleague with
addition/deletions of programs.
6. Develop and edit Degree Audit training manual.
7. Analyze and help resolve degree audit issues for MSMC constituents
8. Perform assigned responsibilities, duties, and tasks according to established practices, procedures, techniques
9. Assist with all processes and procedures in relation to graduation (honors calculations, graduation checks,
commencement, transferring of programs etc.)
10. Interprets and enforces institutional policies and procedures relative to specific degree program requirements.
11. Help maintain and input course inventory.
12. Maintain Registrar webpage and Portal page.
13. Provide general support services to students, faculty and administrators, as assigned.
14. Perform other job-related duties, as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements:
Understand higher education academic policies and procedures relating to degree
and program requirements including grading policies, repeats, withdrawals, duplicate
courses, graduation assessments, and transfer articulation processes. Strong
working knowledge of department policies, procedures. Strong computer and word-
processing, spreadsheet (i.e., MS Excel), database software application skills.
Ability to learn, interpret and apply policies, regulations, guidelines, and operational procedure. Highly detail-oriented, analytical and accurate. Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with other employees at all levels. Effectively organize, prioritize and handle multiple tasks to meet established deadlines. Ability to understand and carry out oral and written directions. Strong oral and written communication, prioritization, interpersonal, customer service skills.
Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Two to three years of experience within an academic support office. Experience with processing in a large database. Experience relevant to position desirable.
Work Location: Doheny Campus (Downtown LA)
Start Date: Immediately
Applications Deadline: Open until filled
Contact Information: Email cover letter, salary history and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mount St. Mary's College is an equal opportunity employer. The College is thoroughly committed both to providing equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees, and to providing a work environment that is free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Applicants must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States. The College will not assist applicants with any visa matter. A background check will be required.
The College is currently transitioning recruiting mechanisms. All positions posted online are open for applying.