Location: Doheny Camput (Downtown LA)
Will provide discipline-specific career-related resources and support to graduate students in the Graduate Transition Center for the Department of Education Title V Postbaccalaureate Project.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provide individual advising with MSMC graduate students on a walk-in and appointment basis.
2. Develop and conduct workshops pertaining to career preparation such as job search techniques, resume
writing and portfolio development.
3. Establish networks and develop professional internships and other career-related opportunities.
4. Initiate ongoing and regular contact with students concerning their career plans.
5. Utilize social media such as Twitter, LinkedIn and Pinterest to connect with MSMC graduate students.
6. Maintain and update MSMC’s LinkedIn group for graduate students and alumni.
7. Maintain current and relevant job listings, internship opportunities and graduate school opportunities
in all graduate study disciplines.
8. Develop and maintain career-related resource handouts.
9. Meet with program chairs and faculty to determine career-related needs.
10. Keep abreast of market trends in the various disciplines of graduate study.
11. Assist in record-keeping including session records and handouts.
Qualifications and Requirements:
Working knowledge of career development theory and the needs of graduate students. Ability to communicate
clearly and effectively in written and oral form. Ability to establish rapport with graduate and adult students. Familiarity with the use of social media for networking. Self-motivated and a strong desire to help students
achieve their academic and career goals.
Master’s degree required.
Experience with recruitment and networking. Direct experience providing support services for individuals from multicultural and/or low-income communities is a plus.
Experience in career advising and/or higher education preferred.
Work Location: Doheny Campus (Downtown LA)
Start Date: Immediately
Applications Deadline: Open until filled
Contact Information: Email cover letter, salary history and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mount St. Mary's College is an equal opportunity employer. The College is thoroughly committed both to providing equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees, and to providing a work environment that is free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Applicants must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States. The College will not assist applicants with any visa matter. A background check will be required.
The College is currently transitioning recruiting mechanisms. All positions posted online are open for applying.