Location: Chalon Campus (WLA) and Doheny Campus (Downtown LA)
Mount St. Mary’s College has partnered with MyCollege Foundation, a 501c(3) public charity funded by the Bill & Melinda Gates foundation, to broaden access to high quality but affordable college education in America. Together, they have created Portmont College at Mount St. Mary’s (portmont.la.edu) to accomplish this goal.
The role of the Partnership Project Manager is to facilitate effective communication and cooperation within and between Mount St. Mary's College (MSMC) and MyCollege Foundation (MCF) and to help plan, execute, and finalize projects according to strict deadlines and within budget. This includes coordinating technical and operational personnel from both organizations and facilitating the efforts of team members to deliver projects that serve to integrate technology and processes according to plan. The Project Manager will serve as the conduit of information, foster and promote a spirit of teamwork and interdependence, and troubleshoot and resolve challenges as they arise. The expected duration of the Partnership between Mount St. Mary’s College and the MyCollege Foundation is 3-5 years, with potential for extension(s).
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Serve as a conduit of information and facilitate communication within and between MSMC and MCF.
2. Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and
3. Resolve issues with team members and other stakeholders. Where required, negotiate with other
department managers for the utilization of required personnel from within MSMC, MCF, or both.
4. Build, develop, and grow relationships between organizations.
5. Direct and manage project development from beginning to end.
6. Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support partnership goals in collaboration with senior
management and stakeholders.
7. Plan and schedule project timelines, milestones and deliverables using appropriate tools, while managing
project dependencies and critical paths.
8. Estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals.
9. Determine the frequency and content of status reports from the project team, analyze results, and trouble-
shoot problem areas.
10. Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team members and influence them to take positive action
and accountability for their assigned work.
11. Define and develop new processes between the teams.
Qualifications and Requirements:
An understanding of the MSMC - MCF partnership vision, mission, and values, and of higher education in general. Knowledge of computer systems and software, including database and project management systems.
Demonstrated ability to establish relationships and collaborate collegially and effectively with diverse staff, faculty, administrators and the community. Demonstrated ability to organize and manage work, manage relationships and meet deadlines. Strong problem-solving skills. Demonstrated tact and diplomacy skills. Ability to think creatively and strategically. Strong written and oral communications skills, including presentations. Excellent hands-on computer capabilities with current word processing, project management and database management software.
Five years of experience in higher education preferred. Experience with project management, enrollment management, student services, or academic administration, in a leadership role preferred. Experience in academic affairs, including faculty teaching assignments, is highly preferred.
Technical project management experience working with software development and IT resources, dealing with integration of education or enterprise systems such as ERP, CRM, Student Information Systems is highly preferred.
Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s preferred. Education, Business or related field preferred.
Work Location: Chalon Campus (WLA) and Doheny Campus (Downtown LA)
Start Date: Immediately
Applications Deadline: Open until filled
Contact Information: Email cover letter, salary history and resume to: PartnerShip@msmc.la.edu
Mount St. Mary's College is an equal opportunity employer. The College is thoroughly committed both to providing equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees, and to providing a work environment that is free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Applicants must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States. The College will not assist applicants with any visa matter.