Location: Chalon Campus (WLA)
Will provide a quality learning environment that addresses the learning needs of the under-graduate nursing student in the Traditional Bachelor of Science Nursing program on the Chalon campus.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provides laboratory instruction and remediation services to TBSN students by:
a. teaching them to apply broad scientific principles to skill performance.
b. teaching them to adapt procedural techniques to situations based on sound theoretical principles.
c. teaching them to select and use appropriate equipment and materials for the appropriate skills.
d. teaching them to select and use appropriate equipment and instructional materials for teaching
projects related to health care.
e. reinforcing them to be an active participant in the learning process of psychomotor skills.
f. Providing other assistance as needed.
g. Providing an environment to promote problem-solving and critical thinking development
2. Assists in development of psychomotor skill learning materials including DVDs, packets, bulletin boards,
3. Advises faculty regarding laboratory products, equipment and procedures.
4. Maintains a laboratory clean, orderly laboratory environment.
5. Assumes assigned responsibility for maintaining an appropriate inventory of supplies and equipment to support
the learning activities in the Nursing Practice Laboratory.
a. Processes packing slips and invoices for payment on a timely basis.
b. Maintains records of expenditures, equipment and supplies.
c. Develop and administer policies on the lab and mannequin /equipment maintenance.
6. Receives student and faculty input regarding services in the Nursing Practice Laboratory and works with the
Skills Laboratory Coordinator to take appropriate actions.
7. Participate in planning for course changes/supervision/check off of skills and simulation in conjunction with a
MSN faculty member.
8. Other duties and responsibilities
a. Flexible in working hours; willing to work some evening hours.
b. Attend faculty meetings as required or requested.
c. Participate in committee work of the department as requested.
d. Perform other job-related duties, as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements:
Knowledgeable about evidenced-based practice, equipment, and supplies to be used in the nursing laboratory for student learning. Good organizational skills, articulate verbally and electronically, and able to problem solve efficiently and effectively. A minimum of two years, full-time in the past five years as a medical/surgical nurse. Experience in teaching is desirable. Currently licensed to practice nursing in the state of California, and eligible to be appointed a Clinical Teaching Assistant per Board of Registered Nursing Regulations.
BSN Degree is required.
Work Location: Chalon Campus (WLA)
Start Date: Immediately
Applications Deadline: Open until filled
Contact Information: Email cover letter, salary history and resume to: email@example.com
Mount St. Mary's College is an equal opportunity employer. The College is thoroughly committed both to providing equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees, and to providing a work environment that is free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Applicants must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States. The College will not assist applicants with any visa matter. A background check will be required.