Will maintain academic support services that are qualitative, accurate and above reproach in integrity. This position’s primary responsibilities include transfer of credit input, evaluation of progress toward graduation and qualitative maintenance of student records under the supervision of the Associate Registrar. This requires active interaction with academic department chairs, other service departments and program directors.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Ensure the accuracy, integrity and security of all students’ registration academic records.
2. Assist with the evaluation of transfer of credit and carry full responsibility for data input based on
decisions regarding the articulation of transfer credit.
3. Assist with the evaluation of student progress toward graduation; honors calculations and graduation
4. Assume major responsibility for upkeep and maintenance with the registration and academic records
5. Download, prepare and enter course information for the semester schedule.
6. Assist in the gathering and entering of data and production of reports, letters and labels, as needed.
7. Assist with Cal Grant GPA for Cal Grant applicants (each January and February).
8. Assist with general office and receptionist duties, and provide general support services to students, faculty
and administrators, as assigned.
9. Coordinate the development and updating of the Registrar’s Office Procedures Manual.
Qualifications and Requirements:
Strong working knowledge of academic requirements within the higher education environment. Strong computer and word-processing, spreadsheet (i.e., MS Excel), database software application skills. Experience with Datatel Colleague Student System is desired.
Effectively prioritize, organize and handle multiple tasks to meet established deadlines. Exercise judgment and decision making. Highly detail-oriented, analytical and accurate. Ability to work well with diverse populations. Superior organizational skills. Strong oral and written communication, prioritization, interpersonal, and customer service skills. Accurate data entry skills at a rate of 45wpm or better.
Two or three years of experience within an academic support office. Experience in a Registrar’s Office preferred.
High school diploma; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Work Location: Chalon Campus (WLA)
Start Date: Immediately
Applications Deadline: Open until filled
Contact Information: Email cover letter, salary history and resume to: email@example.com
Mount St. Mary's College is an equal opportunity employer. The College is thoroughly committed both to providing equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees, and to providing a work environment that is free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Applicants must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States. The College will not assist applicants with any visa matter.