Location: Doheny Campus - Downtown LA and Chalon Campus (WLA)
Mount St. Mary’s College, in Los Angeles, a Catholic liberal arts college for women of the 21st century, offers outstanding baccalaureate and associate degree programs, and innovative undergraduate and graduate programs
for professional women and men. It was founded in 1925 by the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet, a group of
forward-thinking educators who sought to establish an institution of higher learning where women could become leaders dedicated to service, justice and knowledge.
Position Title: Director of Undergraduate Admission
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Develop, implement and execute comprehensive marketing and recruitment strategies to fulfill
enrollment objectives. Strategies would include an international focus and a geographical diversification of
2. Provide leadership and supervision to 17 staff members. (includes direct and indirect supervision) – includes recruitment and hiring, training and encouraging professional development, counseling, performance
reviews and monitoring of daily activities.
3. Establishes communication strategies utilizing current technologies and is familiar with all media including social media.
4. Work with program directors and AVP of Enrollment to research and plan departmental initiatives
that support both the recruitment plan and the five-year strategic plan.
5. Leads the development of recruitment materials and manages the internal admission process
including the internal application flow, review of applicant information and dissemination of decisions.
6. Serve as the primary recruitment and enrollment voice for MSMC at numerous public functions
each year and participates in recruitment activities in targeted markets.
7. Develop and foster relationships with a diverse campus community; create and nurture external community relationships.
8. In conjunction with the AVP of Enrollment, develop and maintain strategic budget and resource management practices.
9. Develop and maintain analytics to track effectiveness of recruiting initiatives and strategies and
make data based decisions.
Qualifications and Requirements:
Understanding of the role and advantages of women’s colleges. Working knowledge of financial aid and net
tuition revenue concepts. Understanding of the structure and marketability of private higher education institutions. Understanding of the values, traditions and needs of various ethnic and socio-economic audiences. Ability to
assess the short- and long-term political, social, economic and demographic trends and technology advancements
that will impact the marketability and enrollment potential at MSMC.
Analytical and detail-oriented. Team player. Excellent public relations, presentation, program and project
management skills. Strong organization and prioritization, statistical, customer service, oral/written communication
and interpersonal skills.
Experience: Minimum of eight years of progressively responsible admissions experience. Preferably in small
liberal arts institutions similar to MSMC. Demonstrated effectiveness in executing a complex and comprehensive recruitment plan as well as effective staff management.
Education: Bachelor’s degree required, Master degree preferred.
Licenses and Certifications: Must possess a valid California Class “C” driver’s license.
Work Location: Both Campuses: Doheny Campus (Downtown LA) and Chalon Campus (WLA)
Start Date: Negotiable
Applications Deadline: Open until filled
Contact Information: Email cover letter, salary history and resume to:
Dean Kilgour, AVP for Enrollment
Mount St. Mary's College is an equal opportunity employer. The College is thoroughly committed both to providing equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees, and to providing a work environment that is free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Applicants must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States. The College will not assist applicants with any visa matter.