Location: Doheny Campus (Downtown LA)
Will provide executive-level administrative support to the Vice President of Institutional Advancement (IA).
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Coordinate the VP of IA’s calendar (e.g. arrange meetings and appointments with key volunteers,
donors and prospective donors, College administrators).
2. Provide support, assistance and research on special projects and fundraising endeavors for the
VP of IA (including donors, prospective donors and all affairs related to the capital campaign).
3. Supervise Office Assistant and student employees. Oversee the operation of all IA office procedures
and design and implement new procedures when necessary.
4. Produce a wide variety of documents and reports; compose and draft correspondence for the VP of IA
and College volunteers.
5. Provide meeting support and preparation for staff meetings, IA Committee and Board meetings,
Regents Council, and Foundation/Donor meetings.
6. Assist the VP of IA with planning and managing the IA budgets.
7. Manage incoming requests and outgoing directives (both internal and external) for the VP of IA,
serving as liaison between the VP of IA and donors, volunteers and staff.
8. Compile IA weekly departmental status reports.
9. Arrange Regent/Trustee monthly birthday/anniversary cards for signature by the President
and VP of IA.
10. Perform office management function by ordering, monitoring and replenishing stamps, petty cash,
magazine subscriptions and all business machine maintenance.
Qualifications and Requirements:
Strong working knowledge of office management and executive assistant protocol, modern business English,
standard office procedures and equipment. Good working knowledge of basic computer skills and word
processing and database software applications (i.e., Word and Excel, Raiser’s Edge). Sufficient knowledge of basic supervisory principles. Knowledge of fundraising objectives and procedures, MSMC policies and procedures, and
special event coordination.
Effectively organize, prioritize and handle multiple tasks to meet established deadlines. Accurately assess needs
and take appropriate initiative/action in resolving them. Track and manage multiple budgets. Plan and coordinate
VIP events (e.g. prepare budget, design invitations, create mailing lists, prepare expense/revenue report, plan
menus and entertainment). Analytical, detail-oriented and accurate. Build rapport and communicate/work effectively with a wide variety of people, including volunteers and donors. Show initiative, exercise discretion with confidential matters, sound judgment and decision making and work independently on tasks/projects. Devise and manage office systems. Strong organization and prioritization, customer service, oral/written communication, negotiation, phone etiquette, public relations, budget management, interpersonal and supervisory skills. Minimum typing of 45 wpm and shorthand desired.
At least five years’ experience as an administrative assistant required. Experience as an executive assistant strongly preferred. Experience in a non-profit, fundraising or educational setting preferred.
College degree required.
Work Location: Doheny Campus (Downtown LA)
Start Date: Immediately
Applications Deadline: Open until filled
Contact Information: Email cover letter, salary history and resume to: email@example.com
Mount St. Mary's College is an equal opportunity employer. The College is thoroughly committed both to providing equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees, and to providing a work environment that is free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Applicants must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States. The College will not assist applicants with any visa matter. A background check will be required.