Location: Doheny Campus (Downtown LA)
Position Title: Manager of Student Success Program – AA Dean’s Office
To establish and oversee Student Success Center and develop online component for Summer Skills and developmental courses.
Hannon Foundation grant approved for one year, funding to extend for a five-year project pending.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Assess existing services
2. Develop Summer Skills Program online curriculum in consultation with director of the Learning Resource
Center and implement online delivery to students.
3. Assess, develop, and implement online developmental courses in reading, writing, and mathematics in
consultation with director of the LRC.
4. In conjunction with Assistant Dean, coordinate a retention effort to address barriers that prevent students
from excelling in college.
5. Coordinate advisement skills and technology training for faculty and staff advisors in consultation with
AA Dean, Assistant Dean, and director of Academic Advising.
6. Develop and supervise Student Success Center
Qualifications and Requirements:
Strong oral and written communication, prioritization, supervision and interpersonal skills. Ability to organize and manage program/projects and work well with diverse populations.
5 years high school/college teaching or academic advising/counseling. One year developing online instruction; some program planning experience
M.A. in Education or Social Sciences required.
Work Location: Doheny Campus (Downtown LA)
Start Date: July 1, 2013
Applications Deadline: Open until filled
Contact Information: Email cover letter, salary history and resume to: email@example.com
Mount St. Mary's College is an equal opportunity employer. The College is thoroughly committed both to providing equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees, and to providing a work environment that is free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Applicants must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States. The College will not assist applicants with any visa matter. A background check will be required.