Location: Doheny Campus (Downtown LA)
Will recruit and enroll prospective students to the graduate programs at MSMC, through a combination of active and passive recruitment efforts.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Engage and recruit prospective graduate students to the MSMC Graduate Division by exhibiting at graduate
fairs on the Doheny and Chalon campuses; at four year institutions in California and neighboring states; local
corporate, business, institutional and community fairs; and program-specific conferences, seminars, symposiums,
mixers and expos; and potentially international recruitment travel.
2. Inform and update local colleges and universities about MSMC’s graduate programs so they can inform their students about the College and generate applications for admission.
3. Develop and execute recruitment plans to enroll a maximum number of graduate students into the Graduate Division.
4. Develop and manage complete data tracking systems for assigned programs or areas in the Graduate Division. Provide written reports and analysis on a weekly and monthly basis.
5. Quickly respond to telephone, email, online and other inquiries from prospective students to ensure quality individual attention.
6. Assist the Director of Graduate Admissions with the planning of marketing and outreach activities and with staffing recruitment and other on campus and off campus events.
7. Effectively represent Mount St. Mary’s College, the Graduate Division, and its academic programs on and off campus at information sessions, in corporate settings, on panels, campus tours and class visits, and in individual consultations. Insure accurate information about MSMC graduate programs through personal communication,
online, telephone, web-based, and other means of communication.
8. Develop strategic relationships with undergraduate college counselors, academic offices, and student groups
to keep them informed about MSMC’s graduate programs and apprised of any updates or changes within the various assigned programs; uncover any recruitment opportunities.
9. Keep abreast of current market trends and conduct competitive analyses for assigned programs.
10. Monitor inquiry, prospect, and applicant yield. Maintain frequent contact with admits to reinforce choice of
MSMC programs, ensure enrollment and increase yields in accordance with the college strategic plan.
Demonstrate the College goal of remarkable service by working respectfully and collaboratively with prospective
and current students, faculty, Graduate Program Directors, administrative offices, and the Graduate Dean
Qualifications and Requirements:
Strong working knowledge of Graduate School recruitment techniques and The factors that influence retention. Knowledge of the market and current trends in the professional fields relating to the MSMC graduate programs.
Effectively represent the college and its programs to outside stakeholders. Organize, prioritize and handle
multiple tasks to meet established deadlines. Accurately and efficiently identify and respond to market opportunities. Exercise sound judgment and decision making. Demonstrated analytical and conceptual abilities. Communicate and interact effectively with all levels of students, faculty and staff in both group and one-on-one situations. Strong analytical, organization and prioritization, project management, oral/written communication, listening, customer service, presentation, interpersonal, networking and public relations skills
Graduate admissions experience required. Public speaking experience in a service-oriented environment. Sales, marketing and/or public relations experience.
Master’s degree preferred; Bachelor’s degree required.
Must possess a valid California driver’s license.
Work Location: Doheny campus (downtown LA)
Start Date: Immediately
Applications Deadline: Open until filled
Contact Information: Email cover letter, salary history and resume to: email@example.com
Mount St. Mary's College is an equal opportunity employer. The College is thoroughly committed both to providing equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees, and to providing a work environment that is free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Applicants must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States. The College will not assist applicants with any visa matter. A background check will be required.