Location: Doheny Campus (Downtown LA)
Position Title: Grants Coordinator – Institutional Advancement/Foundation Relations
Will provide comprehensive organizational and administrative support to the Grants Office to ensure that fundraising activities and stewardship responsibilities are carried out at an appropriately high and consistent level.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Prepare reports for institutional donors, by established deadlines, regarding the College’s use of their funding. Preparation of these reports includes gathering relevant information from project directors, writing and/or editing both the narrative and budget sections, and tracking reports.
2. Prepare and write time-sensitive grant proposals, applications, and letters of inquiry for submission to donors.
3. Monitor systems connected with grant-funded programs and maintain master files on institutional donors. Keep current on grant program regulations, directives, and policies.
4. Conduct prospect research utilizing various sources including computerized databases, internet, philanthropy resource materials and print media. Maintain prospect research database and serve as a clearinghouse for potential grant funding opportunities. Initiate some telephone and email contacts with prospective donors.
5. Review literature related to grant opportunities from institutional funders including foundations, corporations, and government agencies to help determine feasibility of developing proposals to meet the College’s needs.
6. Compose a variety of professional correspondence on behalf of the Vice President of Institutional Advancement, President, and other senior administrators. Edit letters, reports, and other correspondence. Effectively coordinate distribution and mailings.
7. Keep current of the latest trends and issues in higher education and institutional giving.
8. Contribute to the development and maintenance of a college-wide database of faculty and staff research, interests, and capabilities.
9. Provide general administrative support to the Grants Office and Vice President of Institutional Advancement.
Qualifications and Requirements:
1. Superior knowledge of business English (i.e. correct grammar, spelling and punctuation).
2. Sufficient knowledge of fundraising and applicable rules and guidelines regarding report preparation and the writing of proposals.
3. Working knowledge of MS Office software programs.
4. Broad knowledge of academic programs and learning support systems within higher education is desired.
Abilities and Skills:
1. Effectively organize, prioritize and handle multiple tasks to meet established deadlines.
2. Write clearly understandable, succinct, compelling and error-free expository prose.
3. Build rapport and effectively interact with a diverse College community and the public.
4. Work independently and creatively.
5. Effectively manage complex information.
6. Strong organization and prioritization abilities.
7. Oral/written communication and basic math skills.
8. Professional phone etiquette.
Minimum of three years of progressively responsible experience in a similar capacity preferred.
Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree preferred. Additional fundraising and grant writing certificates are encouraged.
Work Location: Doheny Campus (Downtown LA)
Start Date: Immediately
Applications Deadline: Open until filled
Contact Information: Email cover letter, 2-3 writing samples, salary history, and resume to:email@example.com.
Resumes not accompanied by writing samples will not be considered.
Mount St. Mary's College is an equal opportunity employer. The College is thoroughly committed both to providing equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees, and to providing a work environment that is free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Applicants must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States. The College will not assist applicants with any visa matter. A background check will be required.
The College is currently transitioning recruiting mechanisms. All positions posted online are open for applying.