Location: Chalon Campus (WLA)
Coordinate Second Shift transportation needs and requests.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Assist the Shuttle Supervisor with scheduling and coordination of daily shuttle operation during evening hours. Monitor and report vehicle maintenance requests, coordinate transportation requests, and training of new drivers.
2. Act as substitute driver when necessary.
3. Monitor two-way radios for shuttle problems, lateness and accidents.
4. Responsible for the safekeeping of fuel card and 2-way radio.
5. Assist with the handling of issues and conflicts that arise and hinder the effective daily functioning of the department.
6. Assist with planning, organizing and providing leadership in the development and scheduling demands of Transportation staff.
Qualifications and Requirements:
Knowledge of transportation operations. Sufficient working knowledge of computers and software applications (Excel and Word) used by the department.
Effectively organize, prioritize and handle multiple tasks to meet established deadlines. Must be flexible as well as detailed and team oriented. Must exercise sound judgment, and make decisive and accurate decisions appropriate to the situation at hand. Ability to communicate effectively with MSMC students, staff and supervisors. Willingness and ability to work in an environment involving exposure to some cleaning agents/chemicals.
Minimum of two years’ experience working in a transportation department and five years’ driving experience with clean record. Sufficient previous experience working with people of diverse backgrounds and cultures. Must possess a valid Class “B” California driver’s license.
According to policy, those driving College vehicles are subject to the DMV Pull Program (driving record audits), random drug/alcohol testing, and periodic physicals as appropriate.
High school diploma or equivalent.
Work Location: Chalon Campus (WLA)
Start Date: July 1, 2013
Applications Deadline: Open until filled
Contact Information: Email cover letter, salary history and resume to: email@example.com
Mount St. Mary's College is an equal opportunity employer. The College is thoroughly committed both to providing equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees, and to providing a work environment that is free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Applicants must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States. The College will not assist applicants with any visa matter. A background check will be required.