Location: Chalon Campus (WLA)
Will coordinate all aspects of student employment; create, process, and maintain student employment records; and educate staff supervisors regarding work policies and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Process all student employees who have been given Work Study as part of their financial aid package.
2. Research and digest federal guidelines pertaining to Federal Work Study programs (includes attending
workshops and conferences).
3. Educate the College community regarding policies and procedures for student employees.
4. Oversee work study programs at both campuses.
5. Establish procedures for hiring student employees.
6. Work with departments to determine their needs for student coverage..
7. Conduct on-going workshops to assist Supervisors with the employment process.
8. Develop programs to enhance the student employment experience.
Qualifications and Requirements:
Must have general knowledge of federal aid programs and should understand the purpose and structure of financial aid. Must have working knowledge of student’s eligibility for work study and the application of it.
Must be able to effectively organize and prioritize multiple tasks to meet established deadlines. Should be able to communicate with parents and students, as well as, College personnel. Work well independently and as part of a team. Analytical and detail minded with ability to problem solve. Strong organization and prioritization skill sets. Must be able communicate effectively. Must have great interpersonal and customer service skills. Strong aptitude for numbers a must.
Prefer two years’ experience working in College environment. Prior experience coordinating student programs a plus.
Bachelor’s degree required.
Work Location: Chalon Campus (WLA
Start Date: Immediately
Applications Deadline: Open until filled
Contact Information: Email cover letter, salary history and resume to: LHousley@msmc.la.edu
Mount St. Mary's College is an equal opportunity employer. The College is thoroughly committed both to providing equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees, and to providing a work environment that is free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Applicants must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States. The College will not assist applicants with any visa matter. A background check will be required.