Location: Chalon (West Los Angeles)
Will provide administrative/secretarial/clerical support to two departments.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Assist the Department Chairs in performing various essential general office duties.
2. Assist the Director of the Psychology and MBA Graduate Programs.
3. Receive incoming phone calls and route messages, distribute faculty mail and complete copying
requests for faculty.
4. Perform word processing, data processing, data entry duties, and maintain an electronic workflow
5. Attend and take minutes at department faculty meetings.
6. Assist in maintaining confidential personnel and student files.
7. Assist in arranging, maintaining and monitoring class and faculty schedules.
8. Monitor on-going departmental expenses.
9. Assist in the preparation of grant proposals and related documents.
10. Supervise student workers.
11. Assist with on-campus departmental conferences/forums.
12. Assist with event planning, preparation and execution.
13. Put together faculty contracts and orient new faculty to campus resources.
14. Maintain departmental websites and bulletin boards.
15. Interact effectively with the college community on behalf of both departments.
Qualifications and Requirements:
Strong working knowledge of an office environment, policies and procedures, the English language and alpha-numeric filing systems. Solid working knowledge of computers, word processing, and data base management software.
Effectively organize, prioritize and handle multiple tasks to meet established deadlines. Analytical, detail-oriented and accurate. Perform office and clerical work with speed and accuracy. Build rapport and effectively communicate with a wide variety of people.
Strong organization and prioritization, customer service, oral/written communication, basic mathematics, budget tracking, interpersonal and public relations skills. Type 65 wpm (on the computer).
One year of secretarial/clerical experience working in an academic or related environment.
High school diploma or equivalent with experience. Associate of Arts or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Work Location: Chalon Campus (WLA)
Start Date: Immediately
Applications Deadline: Open until filled
Contact Information: Email cover letter, salary history and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mount St. Mary's College is an equal opportunity employer. The College is thoroughly committed both to providing equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees, and to providing a work environment that is free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Applicants must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States. The College will not assist applicants with any visa matter. A background check will be required.