Location: Chalon Campus (West Los Angeles) and Doheny Campus (Downtown Los Angeles)
The Assistant Director of Campus Security is responsible for assisting in the day to day operations of the
Department of Campus Security on both the Chalon and Doheny Campus.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Assist in the development of policies and procedures which benefit the College by making both campuses
a safer environment for students, faculty, staff and visitors.
2. Assist the Director of Campus Security in the coordination of the College Emergency Response Plan.
Research and make recommendations as to training, type of drills to perform and keep an accurate inventory of the emergency supplies on each campus.
3. Assist in the supervision of the on-site security staff assigned to each campus and interview and make recommendations on new Campus Security staff.
4. Maintain, review and when appropriate, act on all documentation related to Campus Security. Respond with recommendations and actions for any unusual activity, violations, etc.
5. Assist in managing the Security Services Contract by ensuring the proper billing on invoices and compliance with all aspects of the contract. Once hours have been calculated as being accurate, send invoices to Director of Campus Security for final approval.
6. Maintaining the Campus Security website and Portal, its content and usefulness.
7. Assist in providing educational programs about campus safety and security to current and prospective students
and parents, faculty and staff.
8. Make regular contributions to the Chalon Student News, the Doheny Happenings, the Commuter Newsletter and other publications as appropriate.
9. At the direction of the Director of Campus Security, provide training of all new contracted Campus Security staff.
10. Develop two educational programs regarding safety and security each semester on both campuses.
11. Los Angeles Fire Department and other community groups as benefits the college.
12. Compile data and assist in the preparation of reports in compliance with the Drug Free Schools and
Community Act and the Campus Safety and Security Act.
Qualifications and Requirements:
Have a clear understanding of the Clery Act which dictates how college campuses secure their facilities as well
as proper reporting of crimes on campus.
Understand the relationship that Campus Security has with all other departments and divisions within the
college. Partnerships with these groups are essential in maintaining a secure environment.
Have a firm grasp on emergency management.
Be able to provide a sense of calm during an emergency situation. Have the ability to collaborate with others across college divisions. Ability to manage a diverse work force.
Needs to have a basic understanding of computers as well as specific systems
used in Security. I.e. Access control systems, parking management systems.
Minimum of ten years experience in the security industry. At least 5 years must be in a supervisory capacity.
B.A. or equivalent experience in a Campus Security related field. Must be fully trained on The Clery Act.
Must possess a valid California Guard Card issued by the State of California Bureau of Security and Investigative Services.
Must have a working knowledge of the National Incident Management System (NIMS) for dealing with emergencies.
Work Location: Chalon Campus (West Los Angeles) and Doheny Campus (Downtown Los Angeles)
Start Date: Immediately
Applications Deadline: Open until filled
Contact Information: Email cover letter, salary history and resume to:
Mount St. Mary's College is an equal opportunity employer. The College is thoroughly committed both to providing equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees, and to providing a work environment that is free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Applicants must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States. The College will not assist applicants with any visa matter. A background check will be required.