Location: Chalon Campus (West Los Angeles)
To support the Associate Vice President for Student Affairs in the daily operation of the division including comprehensive office management for the Chalon Student Affairs office. This includes college-wide communication, interfacing with students, parents, faculty and staff; scheduling of meetings, maintaining calendars; event planning and implementation and handling or referring problems and urgent matters appropriately.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Assist Associate Vice President for Student Affairs, Vice President for Student Affairs and Dean of Student Life as needed.
2. Develop creative, effective marketing for college events and programs.
3. Support the student employees in the weekly publication of the Chalon Student News.
4. Establish and maintain computer file organization.
5. Create and maintain a positional operations manual.
6. Support the Student Affairs Directors on their work for the Strategic Plan.
7. Coordinate webinars and meetings as requested including room reservations, distribution of materials, catering requests and meeting summaries.
8. Assist the Dean of Student Life with the facilitation of the Alumnae Emergency Book Fund.
9. Arrange travel for conference and meetings.
10. Update the annual Student Affairs trifold brochure.
11. Support the division programs by staffing events and programs including, but not limited to: Orientation, Parent Orientation, Welcome Week, Graduation, Mary’s Day, Baccalaureate Mass, President's Invitation to Serve, etc.
12. Assist the Dean of Student of Student Life with the office work flow and student employees.
13. Maintain confidential employee and student files.
Qualifications and Requirements:
Strong working knowledge of office organization and management including office policies and procedures. Demonstrated working knowledge of computers including Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, internet
research, desktop design and email.
Effectively organize and prioritize tasks to meet established deadlines. Utilize critical thinking and problem solving skills to effectively troubleshoot and resolve problems. Build rapport and communicate effectively with
a diverse group of co-workers, students, faculty and staff. Analytical, detail-orientated, and flexible. Work well independently and amidst many interruptions and distractions. Remarkable service orientation.
Excellent oral/written communication; listening, and interpersonal skills. Solid administrative and customer service skills. Strong time-management skills.
Minimum of two years’ experience working in an office setting required. Higher education office preferred.
Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Work Location: Chalon Campus (West Los Angeles)
Start Date: Immediately
Applications Deadline: Open until filled
Contact Information: Email cover letter, salary history and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mount St. Mary's College is an equal opportunity employer. The College is thoroughly committed both to providing equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees, and to providing a work environment that is free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Applicants must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States. The College will not assist applicants with any visa matter. A background check will be required.