Location: Doheny Campus (Downtown LA)
Will provide support services (e.g., computer data entry, file maintenance and mailings) related to recruitment and enrollment efforts for the Graduate Admission Programs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Data entry and processing of applications to the Graduate program from a specific set of academic programs.
2. Compile and track applicant files (Image Now and database formats).
3. Initiate routine follow-up with applicants via telephone, mail, and e-mail contact to facilitate the completion
of graduate application files.
4. Provide administrative and clerical support as assigned by the Director of Graduate Admission. .
5. Serve as liaison with the assigned academic programs regarding all clerical aspects of the admission process.
6. Assist with data input and maintenance processes.
7. Coordinate data entry and dissemination of all requested information for the Graduate programs.
Qualifications and Requirements:
Good working knowledge of general office policies, procedures and equipment. Working knowledge of computers
and word-processing, spreadsheet, database and/or other software applications currently used by the department.
Must be able to effectively organize and manage multiple tasks to meet deadlines. Exercises sound judgment and decision making. Understanding of, and sensitivity to, the needs of a diverse College environment. Build rapport and maintain positive relationships with contacts both inside and outside of the College community. Analytical, detail-oriented and accurate. Flexible, diplomatic and tactful. Customer service orientation. Work well independently and as part of a team. Must be willing to work evenings and weekends.
Strong organization and prioritization, administrative, interpersonal and customer service skills. Solid oral/written communication, telephone etiquette and public relations skills. Word-processing skills, database skills, spreadsheets, and/or other software application skills.
High school diploma. Associate of Arts degree or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
A minimum of one year of progressively responsible administrative experience, preferably in an educational setting.
Work Location: Doheny Campus (Downtown LA)
Start Date: Immediately
Applications Deadline: Open until filled
Contact Information: Email cover letter, salary history and resume to: GradPrograms@msmc.la.edu
Mount St. Mary's College is an equal opportunity employer. The College is thoroughly committed both to providing equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees, and to providing a work environment that is free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Applicants must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States. The College will not assist applicants with any visa matter. A background check will be required.