Location: Doheny Campus (Downtown LA)
Will maintain the collection and record-keeping integrity of student loans /tuition receivables within the guidelines, policies, and procedures of the College, to minimize loss to the College, and to adhere to ethical collection practices.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Performs servicing of institutional loans which includes entrance and exit conferences, and the due diligence
of student loans which includes sending collection notices, packaging paid in full loans, and preparing aging
loans for potential write offs.
2. Performs accurate and timely due diligence and servicing of delinquent student loans/tuition accounts for both
3. Run weekly reports on outstanding student loans/tuition accounts to perform and maintain due diligence.
4. Review of monthly Trial Balance reports for Collections general ledger accounts and Lead Collections
Associate with review of assigned monthly Trial Balance reports.
5. Contact students with past due balances via telephone and electronic mail correspondence.
6. Prepares correspondence on accounts determined to be in arrears, and maintains detailed files regarding
7. Set up students’ in-house collection files by gathering information from other departments within the College.
8. Prepare delinquent student accounts to submit to third party collection agency.
9. Verify and research billing on students’ accounts in disputes/appeals and processing of adjustments with
10. Set up and review payment plans for students with outstanding balances.
11. Establish payment plans with students by executing promissory notes.
12. Prepare repayment and disclosure statements for students with balances requesting payment plans.
13. Prepare loan forgiveness packages and send out correspondence to students.
14. Prepare year-end 1099c reporting for loan forgivable programs and write-offs.
Qualifications and Requirements:
Basic working knowledge of mathematics to review and analyze students’ tuition account statements to verify charges and calculate percentages to verify fees and charges made by collection agencies. Good working knowledge of collections and office policies, procedures and equipment. Working knowledge of computers (PCs, system networks) and software applications (Microsoft programs for word-processing and spreadsheets). ACS software knowledge a plus
Efficient, able to organize, prioritize and handle multiple tasks to meet established deadlines. Effectively build rapport and work positively and effectively with people. Analytical, attention to detail, and accurate in work processes.
Strong organization and prioritization, administrative, customer service, oral/written communication, basic mathematics, basic bookkeeping, interpersonal and public relations skills. Advanced Microsoft word a plus.
One to three years of experience in collections or equivalent
Associate of Arts degree; Bachelor’s degree a plus.
Work Location: Doheny Campus (Downtown LA)
Start Date: Immediately
Applications Deadline: Open until filled
Contact Information: Email cover letter, salary history and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mount St. Mary's College is an equal opportunity employer. The College is thoroughly committed both to providing equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees, and to providing a work environment that is free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Applicants must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States. The College will not assist applicants with any visa matter. A background check will be required.