Location: Doheny Campus (Downtown LA)
The Institutional Advancement Department (IA) is seeking a Special Events and Public Programs Coordinator to report to the Director of Specials Events and Public Programs. The Coordinator will develop and manage a variety of special events and public programs for the Institutional Advancement division and the College. The Coordinator will be a self-starter with the ability to build relationships with vendors, staff and donors and to take direction and implement strategies to create successful events.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Assists Director of Special Events and Public Programs with strategizing and implementing all aspects of
small and large-scale cultivation, stewardship, fundraising, public, and capital campaign events.
2. Manages all aspects of designated special events; develops creative event plan within budget guidelines.
3. Oversees all logistics and catering for four Regents Council meetings annually.
4. Works directly with Alumni Relations on selected events including, but not limited to: Annual Homecoming,
Wine Tasting and alum gatherings.
5. Supports IA fundraising team by coordinating designated meetings/events for donors, prospects and outside
6. Researches, negotiates, hires, and manages relationships with event vendors; monitors contracted services
and facilitates timely payment to vendors; assists in interfacing with outside suppliers, such as printers
and mail houses, in matters related to budget, delivery and payment; conducts vendor site visits on or
7. Recruits, supervises and trains event volunteers; organizes work flow and job responsibilities to accomplish
established objectives and delegate responsibilities
8. Produces and implements all I Modules electronic communication, marketing and registration to effectively
9. Collaborates with Public Relations on the coordination of the Doheny Mansion Public and Private Tours.
10. Assists with the execution of the Corporate Partners Program (contracts, obtaining company information,
implementing benefits, etc.).
11. Serves as primary contact with Accounts Payable, Food Service, Mail Room, Facilities and other departments
12. Ensures an adequate inventory of office supplies for special events.
Qualifications and Requirements:
Understanding of sophisticated event planning and fundraising techniques, donor relations and trends. Strong
working knowledge of Microsoft Suite, PowerPoint, Excel, and Raiser’s Edge; I Modules preferred. Ability to keep
abreast of updates and changes within the field.
Ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community. Effectively set priorities
and creatively solve problems. Exercise sound judgment and decision making. Detail-oriented, flexible and proactive. Demonstrated follow-through with multiple, simultaneous projects and tasks. Must be comfortable
working with high level volunteers. Excellent written and oral communication and organization skills. Ability to organize, prioritize and handle multiple tasks to meet established deadlines. The ideal candidate will have 3-5 years of experience in event management showing progressive upward movement.
Bachelor’s degree highly preferred.
Must possess a valid California Class “C” driver’s License
Work Location: Doheny Campus (Downtown Los Angeles)
Start Date: Immediately
Applications Deadline: Open until filled
Contact Information: Email cover letter, salary history and resume to: email@example.com
Mount St. Mary's College is an equal opportunity employer. The College is thoroughly committed both to providing equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees, and to providing a work environment that is free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Applicants must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States. The College will not assist applicants with any visa matter. A background check will be required.
The College is currently transitioning recruiting mechanisms. All positions posted online are open for applying.