Location: Chalon Campus (West Los Angeles)
Will provide effective / administrative support to the Program Director and program faculty.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provide support to the program director and coordinator; e.g. handle correspondence, assist with communicating information to the College community and word-processing, proofread, and disseminate meeting agendas and minutes. Record minutes of the monthly departmental faculty meetings.
2. Manage daily operations of the Traditional BSN office. Answer and screen phone calls. Maintain department files including faculty licensure, copies of course syllabi, meeting minutes, and faculty roster.
3. Track department supplies budget and replenish as necessary, staying within budgetary limits.
4. Assist with the establishment of systems to streamline office flow via use of the computer, e.g. Microsoft Word, Excel spreadsheets, faculty and student handbooks.
5. Assist the program director and program coordinator in the supervision of student workers including delegation
6. Provide support to program faculty and staff, e.g. distribution of incoming correspondence; generation of
outgoing correspondence including copying, mailing, faxing, word processing, maintaining current department
textbook list and ordering desktop copies as needed, and assist program coordinator with student clearances and assessment testing processes.
7. In collaboration with the dean and directors, assist in the preparation of accreditation and regulatory materials
and assist in the accreditation and approval processes.
8. Maintain strict confidentiality regarding exam processing and handling of machine and door code combinations.
9. Maintain office and computer equipment.
Qualifications and Requirements:
Strong working knowledge of an office environment including, but not limited to,
typing, operation of various office machines (e.g. desktop and laptop computer, 10-key calculator, copier, FAX).
Excellent working knowledge of software applications (i.e. MS Office, Excel, Publisher).
Effectively organize, prioritize, and handle multiple tasks to meet established deadlines. Provide professional and efficient customer service. Build rapport and communicate effectively with the college community. Easily and
accurately follow instructions. Analytical skills, detail-oriented, and discrete handling of confidential information. Creative problem solver. Exercise sound judgment and decision making. Work well independently.
Two years of administrative support experience working in a multi-functional department. Experience in academic setting a plus.
High school diploma or equivalent.
New hires are subject to a background check.
Work Location: Chalon Campus (West Los Angeles)
Start Date: Immediately
Applications Deadline: Open until filled
Contact Information: Email cover letter, salary history and resume to: email@example.com
Mount St. Mary's College is an equal opportunity employer. The College is thoroughly committed both to providing equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees, and to providing a work environment that is free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Applicants must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States. The College will not assist applicants with any visa matter. A background check will be required.
The College is currently transitioning recruiting mechanisms. All positions posted online are open for applying.