Location: Chalon Campus (WLA) and Doheny Campus (Downtown LA)
To provide general custodial functions in specifically assigned locations of the College.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Dust, sweep, vacuum, mop and polish all surfaces (e.g. floors, walls, chalkboards, windows) in assigned geographical areas (e.g. residence halls, bathrooms, offices, classrooms) as appropriate and necessary.
2. Remove trash from assigned work areas on a daily basis.
3. Ensure that supplies are replenished, as necessary (e.g. toilet paper, paper towels and soap in the bathrooms, for example).
4. Report maintenance problems to supervisor (e.g. broken blinds, leaking water pipes, broken toilets, improperly functioning lights/light switches.
5. Wash windows, clean blinds, curtains, polish floors. Shampoo rugs and empty trash according to schedules provided by Custodial Manager.
6. Clean windows, blinds, curtains, shampoo or spot clean carpets and furniture as necessary.
Qualifications and Requirements:
Good working knowledge of the proper care of various surfaces (e.g. carpet, wood, tile) and various cleaning agents/chemicals (including their safe use, circumstances under which the should/should not be used, and possible dangers). Understanding of hazardous cleaning compounds and the protection required to use them. Working knowledge of heavier cleaning equipment (e.g. exterior) desired.
Effectively organize, prioritize and handle multiple tasks. Accurately follow instructions. Exercise good judgment. Team-oriented. Interact professionally with all members of the college community. Possess the ability to comfortably handle the smell and use of the various cleaning chemical used at MSMC for housekeeping duties.
Strong organization and prioritization, customer service, oral communication and interpersonal skills. Functional English-speaking required.
High school diploma or equivalent GED. A valid California Class “C” driver’s license is required.
Two years of housekeeping experience in an academic setting.
According to policy, those driving College vehicles are subject to the DMV Pull Program (driving record audits), random drug/alcohol testing, and periodic physicals, as appropriate.
Work Location: Doheny Campus and Chalon Campus (Downtown LA and WLA)
Start Date: Immediately
Applications Deadline: Open until filled
Contact Information: Email cover letter with resume with salary history to: DCaldera@msmc.la.edu
Mount St. Mary's College is an equal opportunity employer. The College is thoroughly committed both to providing equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees, and to providing a work environment that is free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Applicants must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States. The College will not assist applicants with any visa matter. A background check will be required.
The College is currently transitioning recruiting mechanisms. All positions posted online are open for applying.