Meet the Staff
||Dr. Mari Wadsworth|
Associate Vice President for Student Affairs
Assistant Vice President for Student Affairs
Dean of Student Life
Assistant to the Vice President for Student Affairs
Assistant Director of Community Engagement and Civility
Student Affairs Departments
Welcome to the Division of Student Affairs at MSMC!
A Message from the Vice President for Student Affairs
Student Life at Mount St. Mary’s College is nothing short of a transformational experience! Here at the Mount, learning does not stop at the classroom door. Education happens both inside and outside the classroom. That is our hallmark…
So in short order, what does this mean?
- Our students graduate not only with a regular transcript, but also with a Leadership Transcript that documents their involvement, service and leadership experiences on and off campus. This has been a unique advantage for our students when they apply for graduate scholarships and graduate schools or for their first professional positions.
- We have an award winning Residence Life Program that offers more than 90 cultural, social and educational opportunities for resident students every year. And our Commuter Services Program are equally impressive.
- We are just the right size--large enough to get to know students from many different backgrounds and to have varied and rich experiences… but not so large that students become lost in the crowd.
- We provide great international study opportunities in Europe, Latin America and Asia.
- We offer extensive social opportunities on and off campus, movies, city experiences, cafes, dances, concerts, tournaments, intramurals, travel to present research, participation in the Public Leadership Educational Network in Washington DC, and more!
- Our Career Services and Internships program makes sure that employers know who we are and who our students are. We have a web-based Career Services Network that sends daily internship and job opportunity announcements to our students.
- We have a reputation for preparing and placing our students in excellent graduate schools across the country.
- We have a national reputation as exemplified by the fact that we have won recognition on the President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll for five years, twice with Distinction!
- And an extensive alumnae network assures graduates of connections and opportunities in the years ahead.
At the Mount we go further in that we celebrate the most creative, the most promising, and the best students through beautiful ceremonies that are steeped in our CSJ traditions and values. All of our students are encouraged to develop spiritually and are rewarded not just for their achievements but for their commitment to use their gifts and talents to serve others in their schools, families and communities.
Finally, there are really special things about the Mount, sometimes hard to define but genuinely palpable. There is a feel to our college.
We are a real community—our students come together to support each other, to share common interests in clubs and activities, to work in the community, to have fun and to learn.
There is tremendous energy here—we do everything, big and small, as if it really mattered. Our two beautiful campuses surround us with ocean vistas, the greater Los Angeles skyline and continual city action. Living and learning at the Mount is energizing and exciting.
That’s the Mount experience, a TRULY COMPLETE EDUCATION.
Dr. Jane Lingua
Vice President for Student Affairs
The Division of Student Affairs educates and develops students so that they may embrace a life-long commitment to learning and self-reflection and enjoy satisfying and relevant lives of leadership and service.
Our Mission and Values
Student Affairs Brochure
Chalon - Humanities 200 - (310) 954 - 4130
Doheny - Building 7 - (213) 477 - 2570