Join the Mount Community on February 9th - 11th at 10AM - 3PM in the Circle for Chalon and on February 10th - 12th at 11AM - 2PM at Ahmanson Commons for Doheny to make t-shirts in memory of victims of violence and honor survivors.
Before making a t-shirt consider the following questions:
- What is the main message you are trying to convey by creating your shirt? (This can be healing, expressing anger, expressing unity with other survivors, etc.)
- What are the primary feelings associated with your experience? (How did you feel when it happened, then after it happened, and how do you feel now?)
- What do you need to say to feel like you have broken your own personal silence?
- Where do you draw your strength from?
T-shirts are made in different colors to signify the type of violence that was perpetrated:
- White: Made for victims who died because of violence.
- Red: Made by or for survivors of rape, attempted rape, or sexual assault.
- Blue: Made by or for survivors of childhood sexual abuse or incest.
- Yellow: Made by or for survivors of domestic violence, battery or abuse (including physical, sexual, verbal, emotional, harassment, and psychological), stalking, and hate crimes.