1. Payment Stub - In this section Students can find the balance on the account to pay by the Financial Clearance Deadline or if enrolled in MY MSMC Payment Plan, when the payment is due. If mailing a payment, include this top portion and keep the bottom part for your records.
2. Current Account Summary – This section states the Student’s ID number, Statement and Due Date. It also states a Balance Due for the current semester which includes all financial aid and payments applied to the account throughout the semester. A credit balance or negative amount indicates a refund is pending, that is to be issued to the Student.
3. Account Holds - Restricts access to College Services such as pre-registration, release of official transcripts, grades and diploma. Students who have a hold(s) listed will need to contact those Offices directly to remove the holds from their accounts. The restriction of College services will remain on the account until the Student resolves the hold with each respective Office who have placed the holds on the Accounts.
4. Transaction Details - The charges on the Statement of Account include the costs of tuition, fees, and room & board. The credits represent payments, waivers, financial aid credits and tuition deposits. The charges and credits are listed within a 30 day time frame. The most recent date will be the last date at the bottom of the Statement, which is also the Account Balance.
5. Payment Account Details - The Monthly Payment Plan displays the current plans for the semester - there's a six month plan or four month plan, the zero balance in the Installment Amount column indicates payments have been made, amounts are payments still outstanding.
The pending financial aid awards listed are those award(s) that have not been posted to the Student’s account, but is included to reduce the Account Balance.
Students must clear their accounts no later than the published Financial Clearance Deadline as follows:
1. Settlement of all semester charges through one or more of the following methods:
a. Payment in full of net amount due,
b. Enrollment in a payment plan using CASHNet MyPaymentPlan at
c. Application of financial aid awards and/or loans
d. Tuition waivers
2. For tuition waiver or sponsorship recipients, official verification must be submitted to the Business Office.
3. Complete the Online Health Insurance Acceptance/Waiver Form.
4. Submit a Refund Authorization Form, if applicable, to the Business Office
RESTRICTIONS ON ACCOUNTS:
Restrictions on accounts may prevent you from registering for classes and obtaining various College services, including release of grades, obtaining official transcripts, or releasing of diplomas.
Restrictions or Holds can be placed on a Student’s account by the following offices:
Restrictions placed by those offices, listed above, must be resolved by contacting the respective offices. Please click on the link(s) above to obtain contact information.
Business Office Holds will be placed on accounts if the Financial Clearance requirements are not met.
STATEMENT of ACCOUNT:
The Statement of Account is a summary of charges, credits applied, and pending financial aid. The Account Balance represents the balance due on your account after credits have been applied. A negative amount appearing in the Account Balance section of the statement represents an amount due to the Student. A refund will be automatically processed after the add/drop period unless you have submitted other instructions to the Business Office (see “Refund Authorization Form”, above). Please click here for important “Add/Drop” dates.
NON SUFFICIENT FUNDS (NSF):
A $100 Service Charge will be assessed for each returned check. After three (3) NSF checks within an Academic Year, a restrictions will be placed on the account disallowing checks as a form of payment.
Tuition, parking fees, and room & board charges are refundable on a declining basis. All other fees are not refundable. Tuition refunds are calculated by the length of time expired between the end of the “Add/Drop” period and the date of withdrawal from classes. Parking fee refunds are calculated by the length of time expired between the end of the “Add/Drop” period and the date the parking permit is returned to the Business Office. Room & board refunds are calculated by the length of occupancy from the first day of class through the termination of occupancy.
Please click here for important dates and percentages regarding refunds.
Questions regarding your account should be directed to the Business Office. Please click here for office hours and contact information.