Mount St. Mary’s College has a culture of assessment. This means
- Community members share a common commitment to improving student learning and a common language to guide this work
- Students know at the outset what their expected learning outcomes are for the course, the major or program, and the general studies curriculum.
- Faculty and staff continually assess the nature and extent of student learning.
- Lessons about student learning inform curricular, pedagogical, and administrative decisions.
- The goal of assessment efforts at MSMC is to improve teaching and learning.
- The overall results of student performance will be available to students, faculty, staff and other interested parties on College webpages
Students in physical education courses will acquire and develop relevant skills and knowledge (Chalon and Doheny)
Students in intramural sports (volleyball, basketball) will improve their sportsmanship
Students in the Lifetime Fitness class will understand how to live a healthy lifestyle
Students in Adult CPR and AED class will successfully complete CPR/First Aid/AED training