Photos of Campus Ministry in action
See some of the things Campus Ministry coordinates at the college and in the community!
- The Campus Ministry team at the Religious Education Congress The MSMC Campus Ministry team volunteers at the largest annual gathering of Catholics in the world, held in Anaheim each year. Helping at liturgies, attending workshops, hanging out together, enjoying concerts...all of these things make for a great weekend.
- Social Justice Film Screening of "Father G and the Homeboys" Educating the community about important issues is a part of the Campus Ministry program. Fr. Greg Boyle and Homeboy Industries are giving back to the community and helping former gang members build a life of productivity and love. This movie highlights the work of this organization. the movie producers, Fr. G and members of Homeboys came to speak at the Mount in 2007.
- A Visit to Homeboy Industries In December of 2007, students and staff visited Homeboy Industries. We presented Fr. Greg Boyle with a plaque from the college, learned about all the work done in the facility, and had lunch at the Homegirl Cafe.
- Campus Ministry Retreat Once per year, in January, the Campus Ministry student team participates in a retreat and team building experience. Held in different locations, it always includes time for relaxation, prayer, games, and more. In 2008, we were in Santa Barbara at a retreat center.
- Campus Ministry Team Training and Retreat Like you see here in these photos from 2007, being a Campus Ministry team member means spending time learning and growing in your faith. For one week before the Fall semester begins, the team participates in workshops, teambuilding activities, prayer experiences, hands-on training and social events to be renewed and ready to serve the college community.
- Hunger Banquet Students participate in a interactive "banquet" that demonstrates the difference in the wealth of people throughout the world, and how that affects access to food.
- Celebrating Mardi Gras The day before Lent begins is a big celebration at the College, with music, face painting, beads, decorations, and great food all over campus. These photos from 2007 show what a fun day it is!
- Mass of the Holy Spirit We begin the academic year on campus by wearing red and celebrating together with Mass and lunch on each campus.
For more info on these activities or any other Campus Ministry activities, contact us at (213) 477-2672 or (310) 954-4125 or email us at email@example.com.