Mount St. Mary’s College has a culture of assessment. This means
- Community members share a common commitment to improving student learning and a common language to guide this work.
- Students know at the outset what their expected learning outcomes are for the course, the major or program.
- Faculty and staff continually assess the nature and extent of student learning.
- Lessons about student learning inform curricular, pedagogical, and administrative decisions.
- The goal of assessment efforts at MSMC is to improve teaching and learning.
- The overall results of student performance will be available to students, faculty, staff and other interested parties on College webpage.
Communication Skills: Verbal/Oral and Written for Formal or Informal Situations
- Use of relevant sources according to topic. Writes and organizes essay in MLA or Chicago Manual of Style
- Understands and responds appropriately to questions or lectures
- Presents content professionally
- Understands reading materials
Cultural and literary appreciation and understanding.
- Identifies and compares traditions, cultures, and dialects in common target language.
- Describes and analyzes the evolution of literary movements and genres in the international panorama and some of their authors in the target language.