After confirming an audition date and time with the Music Department:
- The candidate will perform for members of the music faculty.
- If the candidate does not have an accompanist, Mount Saint Mary’s College will provide an accompanist. Candidates should send a copy of the audition materials to the Music Department Chair at least one week prior to the scheduled audition. Please send music for accompanist, or approved audition recording to the following:
Therese Fassnacht, DMA
Chair, Music Department
Mount St. Mary's College
12001 Chalon Road
Los Angeles, CA 90049
- Voice and piano candidates must perform two pieces in contrasting styles from Baroque, Classical, Romantic or Modern repertoire. Piano and voice auditions should be from memory. Candidates performing from memory should bring a copy of the pieces for the faculty.
Instrumental Candidates should prepare:
- at least two pages of a solo from the standard repertoire
- major scales, through four sharps and four flats, for two octaves
- one slow etude
- one fast etude
Further questions related to audition repertoire or procedures should be directed to the Music Department Chair: Therese Fassnacht, DMA