AccBSN Admissions Policy
The AccBSN program is open to persons who have previously completed a baccalaureate degree and who meet specific admission requirements. Admission to the program is open for the summer term and the fall term. The application deadline for summer is November 1 and for fall the deadline is March 15.
To be considered for admission, students must be graduates of an accredited four year college or university with an earned grade point average of at least 3.0. A minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 must have been earned in the following core requirements as well as fulfilling the outlined general studies requirements.
An eligible applicant must have also completed the following requirements prior to beginning the Program.
Nursing Core Requirements
- Chemistry or Physics (3 - 4 units)*
- Human Anatomy with Lab (3 - 4 units)*
- Human Physiology with Lab (3 - 4 units)*
- Microbiology with Lab (4 units)*
- Human Nutrition (3 units)
- General Psychology (3 units)
- Lifespan Developmental Psychology (Infant through Adult) (3 units)
- Sociology or Cultural Anthropology (3 units)
* Must have been completed within five years prior to admission.
General Studies Requirements
- Written Communication (3 units)
- Oral Communication - (Public Speaking) (3 units)
- Religious Studies Courses (6 units)
- Philosophy (6 units - 3 units must be upper division Bioethics) Documentation Requirements
- Completed admissions application.
- Personal statement of intent.
- Official transcripts of all college work
- Two recommendations by those acquainted with the applicant's ability to succeed in an accelerated curriculum.
- Personal interviews may be scheduled for qualified applicants.
Before entrance, admitted students must:
- Complete the Department of Nursing Math Test with a minimum score of 84%.
- Complete the necessary health forms and immunizations.
- Be current in Healthcare Provider or Professional Rescuer CPR.
- Carry malpractice insurance