Psychology students receive Mary's Day Awards
Psychology students present their research at Psychology Day
Welcome to Psychology!
Have you ever wondered...
- Why you can vividly remember your tenth birthday party but not what you wore last Tuesday?
- If it's better to suppress thoughts of a painful break-up or to talk about it?
- Why some drugs, like nicotine and cocaine, are so addictive?
These are the kinds of questions psychology can help you answer!
Why major in psychology at Mount St. Mary’s College?
- Small classes with individual attention and peer collaboration
- Dedicated, caring, approachable faculty with diverse interests and expertise
- Specialty courses covering current issues (e.g., health, sexuality, technology)
- Practical career and graduate school preparation
- Hands-on experience (the only local program that requires a practicum, giving you real work experience in psychology)
- Opportunities to engage in meaningful research
- Thorough preparation in the entire field of psychology (other local programs only require partial coverage)
- A choice of specialization in Counseling/Clinical, Child & Adolescent, Research, or Applied Psychology
- The chance to double major or minor in another subject and still graduate in 4 years
- More than half of our students (more than the national average) continue on to graduate school
- The chance to make a difference in the world!
Feel free to contact me at email@example.com if you would like to learn more about the Psychology Department and our programs!
I look forward to talking with you!
Dr. Pam Gist
Chair, Psychology Department
Mount St. Mary's College, Los Angeles