Psychology students receive Mary's Day Awards
Students and faculty at our annual meet and greet
Psychology students present their research at annual Undergraduate Psychology Conference
Welcome to Psychology!
Have you ever wondered...
- Why you can vividly remember your tenth birthday party but not what you wore last Tuesday?
- If it's better to suppress thoughts of a painful break-up or to talk about it?
- Why some drugs, like nicotine and cocaine, are so addictive?
These are the kinds of questions psychology can help you answer!
Why major in psychology at Mount St. Mary’s College?
- Small classes with individual attention and peer collaboration
- Dedicated, caring, approachable faculty with diverse interests and expertise
- Specialty courses covering current issues (e.g., health, sexuality, technology)
- Practical career and graduate school preparation
- Hands-on experience (the only local program that requires a practicum, giving you real work experience in psychology)
- Opportunities to engage in meaningful research
- Thorough preparation in the entire field of psychology (other local programs only require partial coverage)
- A choice of specialization in Counseling/Clinical, Child & Adolescent, Research, or Applied Psychology
- The chance to double major or minor in another subject and still graduate in 4 years
- More than half of our students (more than the national average) continue on to graduate school
- The chance to make a difference in the world!
Feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to learn more about the Psychology Department and our programs!
I look forward to talking with you!
Dr. Pam Gist
Chair, Psychology Department
Mount St. Mary's College, Los Angeles